POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray : Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Mar 2000 08:31:33
Message: <38E0B316.800EE12C@online.no>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> As an example I have included below some macros that
> solve your second problem (In 3D-space though).

Oops, I didn't read this thoroughly:

> Bjorn Jonsson wrote:
>
> > (2) Given two lines through three points (you can think of this as two
> > out of three sides on a triangle), determine the center and radius of a
> > circle which 'touches' one of the lines at a point with a known distance
> > from the point common to the two lines.

The macros I posted finds the centre of a circle with a GIVEN radius,
and that touches BOTH of your lines. The "touch-points" are also
returned together with the normal-vector for the plane that the two
lines lies in. (The centre of the circle lies in this plane.)

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html